Sunday, July 25, 2010

Integrity the missing Vibe




Integrity the missing Vibe

The year 2009 for me began with amazing events, amazing in the sense that things I thought wouldn’t happen to me, happened to me, and you know what it’s like when events of life catch you unaware, you really panic and that makes you look silly and sometimes you manifest. In the midst of drama you have so many questions why are all these things happening to me? I guess God sometimes smiles all the way from heaven and says why not you!
As the year began I experienced so much betrayal in my relationships and if you are very close to me, you know very well that there is nothing to me that defines life than relationships. People to me are everything. Like the old hymn says “I would rather have Jesus than silver and gold” for me I would rather have the ones I love than silver and gold. Yet the ones you love are the ones who let you down and walk out of your life and I experienced massive betrayal in my business, people running way without making payments and honoring their word. Just in case you thought I was talking about unsaved people! You are wrong, I mean washed in the blood, saved, demon chaser and tongue speaking. As I sat to examine these situations in my life and extended to people I know who have gone through issues like me. I realize that there is a vital component missing in our lives today, it’s called INTEGRITY. Which denotes consistency of actions, values, methods, principles, expectations and outcomes, It’s the quality of having a sense of honesty and truthfulness in regard to the motivations for one's actions whether convenient or not, in the past months that I have gone through betrayal in my relationships and business, I have asked myself so many questions, one was “why have I remained faithful in my relationships and business” even when people dupe me? I remember one day sitting on a bus too many thoughts racing in my mind. Am I not just wasting my time being faithful and doing everything according to the good book? Remember the old line “everyone is doing it” at that very moment something in my spirit said you are not everyone and suddenly it’s like I regained back a God consciousness. With one tear in my eye trying to cover myself from embarrassment in public transport so that nobody would notice, I reaffirmed my principals and I said “ no woman is strong enough to make me become a player because she did, no friend is strong enough to make me close my heart to a new trustful friendship, because they lied on me and there is no business partner/client strong enough to make me become a cheat coz they walked away with my deals/money, after all its just a piece of paper, may I take it to another level no pastor will stand between me and heaven, make me give up on church and my love life with Jesus, coz you are full of drama, man of God sorry my walk with God is a no go area, if I was American I would have said you “don’t mess with this space boy”
I remember one time working with a friend, who wanted me to submit my business proposal to a company, where another friend of mine was doing business with, this friend said “we can do a better job than what is he doing” I said it doesn’t matter even if our products are better than his, my friends space is a no go area, I don’t find pleasure in making my friends lose theirs. And I passed a silly comment maybe am too pastor for business. I said this principal applies in relationships. Am not a player I believe a wise man is Faithfull to one woman, there is nothing exciting about unfaithfulness. And I said I wanna be a man of integrity all my life.
Today friends have the guts to jump in their best friends beds and betray their friends, sleeping with their wives and husbands, and massage their ego by singing songs like “am only human forgive me” no you just lack integrity.
Am I being too judgmental? I don’t think so! Am just trying to fight a lack of integrity coz it robs us of amazing relationships. Coz we are afraid to open up and let the love flow freely.
How do we build multi-billion dollar businesses when our investments are not safe with each other? Mates’ lack of integrity is a cancer lets deal with it.
In summary integrity and I say again integrity is a must….
Look out for my other article “IN SEARCH OF MY JONATHAN” it will bless you and your life will never be the same.

Steady Divine Phiri

Trainer, Life Coach, Relationship Coach, Leadership Strategist, Pastor, Motivational Speaker,Entrepreneur, Radio/ TV Host and Writer.


DISCLAIMER: This Note may be re-posted and distributed only when all material including title, content, author and copyright statement is kept in its original form. All other uses for this note must be accompanied with consent from steady divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment